Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Spider Food and Turtles

It's amazing what having to come up with a website for a Web design class can do to you. For me, it rejuvenated my interested in photography, which has been stagnate since about 2000. I ended up scanning in 1300 slides that I had taken and publishing them on my website.

This led me to buy a digital camera. I went with a Canon Rebel Xsi, because I already had some Canon lenses and it was priced right. The photo on the left is the mummified remains of the spider that lives in my back yard's dinner. I am pretty impressed with the camera considering how tiny this clump was. I did have to crop the image down substantially to get this view, though.

After I was done photographing the stuff in the back yard, I figured I would go to the zoo to learn how to use the camera. Early morning on a Tuesday shouldn't be too crowded right? Well, I was wrong. There were mobs of elementary school kids there. Took some pictures of the turtles and zebras and figured I'd come back another day! 

No comments: